Recruits, are you ready to shave off unnecessary words? Are your ready for your manuscript to get a bit of a buzz cut?
A critique service is available for Writers Advance! Boot Camp participants. When you register, you may pay for a critique in the following categories:
- Blog Post
- Blog Critique
- Children’s: Chapter Book
- Children’s Books: Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book
- Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available
- General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript
- Fiction: Romance, General Fiction, Women’s, Contemporary, Suspense
- Non-fiction books: True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement
- Screenplays: Any genre
Critique Submission Guidelines:
1. Manuscript: Times News Roman, Double-spaced, One-Inch Margins, WORD DOCUMENT. Be sure you combine all requirements into a SINGLE document.
2. Email Submissions as an attachment: Terri Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: WRITERS ADVANCE CRITIQUE. In the body of the email, please list the genre.
3. Title Page: Include a title page with your submission: title, genre, page numbers, word count, and your name/email and other contact information on the title page within your document. A confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hrs. (Resend if you do you receive a confirmation.) SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THESE DETAILS WILL NOT BE CRITIQUED.
4. Fee: see critique menu below. Manuscripts will be forwarded via email to a faculty member. Please send a check made out to the faculty member’s name. Email Terri for a mailing address (email@example.com). Critiques will be completed upon receipt of payment. (The fee applies for each submission.)
5. Deadline: January 31, 2014 (You may begin sending critiques January 1, 2014.) Window is open between January 1, 2014 – January 31, 2014.
6. Completed critiques will be returned to you at the Writers Advance! Conference. You will automatically be given an appointment with the faculty member who critiqued your writing. Our faculty will not give you a buzz cut. We’ll approach each manuscript with more love than a drill sergeant so you may ADVANCE!
Buzz Cuts (Manuscript Critiques)
Articles: Newspaper or magazine $25
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.)
Blog Post $15
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.) A full assessment of your blog post, including a written list of suggestions and things you’re doing well.
Blog Critique $15
Children’s Chapter Book $25
One Chapter or 10 pages (Not to exceed 10 pages.)
Children’s Books (Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book) $20 each
Send complete manuscript
Devotions (Devotions for print or web/blog, Limit of 3) $15 each
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available $20 per 5 pages
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript includes a breakdown of overall writing, marketability, hook, tension, and POV. $35
Fiction: 10 pages + page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for romance, general fiction, suspense, Women’s Fiction.) $25
Non-fiction books: 10 pages + 2-page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement $25
Plays/Skits: Two-line synopsis: including theme/focus. Send entire script. $20
Proposals: Fiction or non-fiction proposals. Send the first 25 pages or 1 chapter and a 1-2 page synopsis. (No more than 25 total pages.) $25
Screenplays: Any genre: Send first 15 pages only and 1 page synopsis $35
**Please note faculty participation could change
Ann Tatlock, Yvonne Lehman, Cindy Sproles, Diana Flegal, Lori Hatcher
Mike Dellosso, Andrea Merrell
Edie Melson, Mike Dellosso, Lori Hatcher, Lori Marett
Children’s: Chapter Book
Children’s Books: Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book
Terri Kelly, Lori Marett
Cindy Sproles, Edie Melson, Andrea Merrell, Lori Hatcher
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available
Andrea Merrell, Denise Loock, Lori Hatcher
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript
Yvonne Lehman, Ann Tatlock, Diana Flegal, Lori Marett
Fiction: Romance, General Fiction, Women’s, Contemporary, Suspense
Ann Tatlock, Yvonne Lehman, Cindy Sproles, Mike Dellosso, Andrea Merrell, Lori Marett
Non-fiction books: True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement
Ann Tatlock, Yvonne Lehman, Edie Melson, Andrea Merrell, Lori Marett
Diana Flegal, Yvonne Lehman, Ann Tatlock, Mike Dellosso