NEW THIS YEAR
Six 2-hour mentoring sessions: FILLED
Mentoring Sessions are filled
Six spaces will be available for individuals to receive one-on-one mentoring from Award Winning Authors, Ann Tatlock and Yvonne Lehman.
Guidelines: Full Proposal, Synopsis, First Three Chapters
Mentoring is for ADVANCED writers
Must have a manuscript in process
Apply to email@example.com
Critique Service: DEADLINE February 8, 2015
Recruits, are you ready to shave off unnecessary words? Are your ready for your manuscript to get a bit of a buzz cut?
A critique service is available for Writers Advance! Boot Camp participants. When you register, you may pay for a critique in the following categories:
- Blog Post
- Blog Critique
- Children’s: Chapter Book
- Children’s Books: Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book
- Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available
- General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript
- Fiction: Romance, General Fiction, Women’s, Contemporary, Suspense
- Non-fiction books: True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement
- Screenplays: Any genre
Critique Submission Guidelines:
1. Manuscript: Times News Roman, Double-spaced, One-Inch Margins, WORD DOCUMENT. Be sure you combine all requirements into a SINGLE document.
2. Email Submissions as an attachment: Terri Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: WRITERS ADVANCE CRITIQUE. In the body of the email, please list the genre.
3. Title Page: Include a title page with your submission: title, genre, page numbers, word count, and your name/email and other contact information on the title page within your document. A confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hrs. (Resend if you do you receive a confirmation.) SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THESE DETAILS WILL NOT BE CRITIQUED.
4. Fee: see critique menu below. Manuscripts will be forwarded via email to a faculty member. Please send a check made out to the faculty member’s name. Email Terri for a mailing address (email@example.com). Critiques will be completed upon receipt of payment. (The fee applies for each submission.)
5. Deadline: February 8, 2015 (You may begin sending critiques January 1, 2015.) Window is open between January 1, 2015 – February 8, 2015.
6. Completed critiques will be returned to you at the Writers Advance! Conference. You will automatically be given an appointment with the faculty member who critiqued your writing. Our faculty will not give you a buzz cut. We’ll approach each manuscript with more love than a drill sergeant so you may ADVANCE!
Buzz Cuts (Manuscript Critiques) – Faculty can change
Articles: Newspaper or magazine $25
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.)
Blog Post $15
250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.) A full assessment of your blog post, including a written list of suggestions and things you’re doing well.
Blog Critique $25
Children’s Chapter Book $25
One Chapter or 10 pages (Not to exceed 10 pages.)
Children’s Books (Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book) $20 each
Send complete manuscript
Devotions (Devotions for print or web/blog, Limit of 3) $20 each
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available $20 per 5 pages
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript includes a breakdown of overall writing, marketability, hook, tension, and POV. $35
Fiction: 10 pages + page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for romance, general fiction, suspense, Women’s Fiction.) $25
Non-fiction books: 10 pages + 2-page synopsis. MUST have 2-page synopsis for True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement $25
Skits/One-Acts: Two-line synopsis: including theme/focus. No more than 7 pages for skit or 8 pages for one-act. $20
Proposals: Fiction or non-fiction proposals. Send the first 25 pages or 1 chapter and a 1-2 page synopsis. (No more than 25 total pages.) $25
Screenplays: Any genre: Send first 15 pages only and 1 page synopsis $35
**Please note faculty participation could change
Cindy Sproles, Diana Flegal, Lori Hatcher, Allison Flexor
Edie Melson, Lori Hatcher
Children’s: Chapter Book
Terri Kelly, Nancy Lohr
Children’s Books: Picture Book, Easy Reader, Board Book
Terri Kelly, Nancy Lohr
Cindy Sproles, Edie Melson, Andrea Merrell, Lori Hatcher, Denise Loock
Editing: Basic line-by-line editing services available
Andrea Merrell, Denise Loock, Lori Hatcher, Allison Flexor, Larry Leech
General: First Fifteen Pages of Your Manuscript
Diana Flegal, Bob Hostetler, Larry Leech
Fiction: Romance, General Fiction, Women’s, Contemporary, Suspense
Cindy Sproles, Andrea Merrell, Larry Leech, Bob Hostetler
Non-fiction books: True Life, Inspirational, Motivational, Encouragement
Edie Melson, Andrea Merrell, Allison Flexor
Diana Flegal, Larry Leach, Bob Hostetler